Sunday, April 27, 2008

Cracking the Eggs

Here are the thrifted drapes I talked about yesterday. I don't know why but I love them and can't wait to cut them up. I purchased two panels and a valance type piece. They'll have to wait a few days before being re-purposed.
Nature Girl and I are heading off to visit my mom for a few days. We're planning to attend an auction and hope to bring back some treasures. We also hope to visit Dog Mountain and get Stephen Huneck's latest book.

I spent the night cooking and prepping for our trip. We'll be celebrating my mom's 58th birthday so we baked a cake. Nature girl cracked the eggs herself. It seemed a bit risky handing half a dozen eggs over to a 4 year old, saying "Sure you can crack them yourself." She did an amazing job, not a single shell in them! I decorated the cake myself then made ham ranch BLT wraps and fresh salsa for the birthday luncheon. We're looking forward to the party and the visit with my mother and grandmother. We'll be back in a few days with pictures and hopefully some treasures. Wish us luck at the auction!

2 comments:

Barb said...

Way to go Nature Girl ~ I'm not sure I could have cracked all those eggs without at least one little bit of egg shell getting in. have a great time at your moms!

Pattie said...

Hey Jill - hope you’re having a great time with your family, and that you indeed come home with treasures to show us!