This is the quilt top my quilt guild is making for the fall raffle. I volunteered to help sew the blocks together so Thursday I spent a few hours sewing with two other guild members. I was a little bit nervous about putting the quilt together since I'm very new to quilting. There was no need to be nervous, it was a good experience! We were able to get the top done. Each member who chose to participate made two blocks for the quilt. Since the quilt will be raffled off in the fall we used batiks in fall colors. The money raised from the raffle will be used to purchase new sewing machines for the local high school. They are in desperate need of working machines!
I was excited to be awarded the Arte Y Pico award by Lisa at Spoonful of Sugar. Lisa and Sarah have a wonderful blog filled with crafty inspiration and yummy cupcakes, so go check it out. The Arte Y Pico is awarded to blogs that you consider deserving due to their creativity, design, interesting material and for their contributions to the blogging community. If you receive the Arte Y Pico you in turn bestow it on five blogs.
So I bestow the Arte Y Pico to these wonderful blogs.
- Im a ginger monkey: Katy has wonderful crafty goodness on her blog. I love her little character softies and her mini quilts. Katy's creations make the blogosphere a better place and children(and adults) around the world happy.
- One Crafty Mumma: Mel has a large variety of crafts on her blog. She has gorgeous scrapbook layouts, knitting, recipes and kid craft inspiration. We love Mel's microwave puffy paint recipe. Mel's children even blog their activities there.
- Attitude Changes Everything: Pattie has an inspiring blog that demonstrates how attitude changes everything. Having a positive attitude makes a difference! Her posts are inspiring and she includes quilty goodness too.
- Jovaliquilts: Cheri has a blog filled with quilting inspiration. She makes fabulous word quilts and quilts for Project Linus. What I love about Cheri is that she likes to encourage and help new bloggers. She's been a great help to me. Thanks Cheri!
- Yarni Gras!: Val at Yarni Gras creates beautiful aprons that inspire me. She also crochets and creates softies. Her daughter is a young artist with a blog worth checking out too. Curly Girl Arts.
Arte Y Pico Rules:
- You have to pick 5 blogs that you consider deserve this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and also for contributing to the blogging community, no matter what language.
- Each awardee has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone.
- Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award itself.
- Award-winner and the one who has given the prize have to show the link of “Arte y Pico” blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award: http://arteypico.blogspot.com/
- Display these rule