Monday, June 23, 2008

Rainy Day Sewing

It's been rainy here. So rainy in fact that we've sprouted mushrooms on our lawn. They're not desirable on a lawn but aren't they cute? Nature Girl really wanted pictures of them. As I grabbed the camera and headed out the door she said "Mommy take four, five, six, a hundred pictures." I didn't take a hundred but I took a few for her. They're so cute!

I finally started to sew the quilt for Nature Girl using the flamingo fabric Nancy sent. I decided to use one flamingo fabric on one side and the other fabric on the backside. I wanted to use fabrics that I already had. It seemed like a good idea at the time but I've used the fabrics I have that match and I don't know what else to add to make it bigger. I think it might have to remain a doll quilt.Using the scraps from the borders I sewed this kite quilt for Nature Girl's room. She wanted to turn on the fan so she could fly it. I explained it was just a decoration for her room. Orange and pink are her favorite colors and her room is painted with flowers, grass and a sun. This kite is will be perfect for her room, even if it doesn't really fly.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love these quilts! what beautiful work you do.

Anonymous said...

oh, and I love the shroons. I am hosting a toadstool swap thru swap-bot in case you are interested!

susan said...

if you dont want to buy any more fabric you could swap for some more colors you want........
they are looking great! and how sweet is ng's little kite quilt!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the flamingo quilt. Wish we would get some rain.

Nancy said...

Oh, it's the perfect quilt for taking in the car and snuggling....

The kit is really cute....

Found this cool project for a rainy day...I bet Nature Girl would love these....

http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/06/how-to-make-crockpot-crayons.html

Mama Said Sew said...

The quilts look great! I love the vibrant colors. How big is the flamingo quilt?

Barb said...

What adorable quilts. Absolutely LOVE the flamingos! And tell Nature girl that hot pink and flaming orange are two of my favorite colors as well.

jovaliquilts said...

Adorable kite! Nature Girl looks so pleased. :)

Your quilt is really cute. You can certainly leave it a doll quilt if you want to finish it right now, but you might find you can make other blocks to go with it that coordinate even if they don't match, and make a wonderful quilt like no one else's!

Lisa W. said...

What a cute little quilt kite. :-)

Lisa (flickr lmdesign7)