Saturday, September 18, 2010

Weekends



This is a bit of a long post as I'm jamming in the last few weeks into one post. Now that school is back in swing, things have been a little bit quiet on the blog. It's not that we haven't been doing things, it's finding the time to sit and post the things we're going. School/work takes up most of our time so we look forward to the weekends, it's our family time. The last few weekends have been filled with fun. Over Labor Day weekend we sent the weekend by the ocean. We walked on the beach, went swimming and relaxed the whole weekend. It was fabulous!
Nature Girl had a blast and loved having an indoor pool, an outdoor pool and a hot tub at her disposal. She thought we should trade houses with Steve and Carolyn who were kind enough to invite us to share their home for the weekend. Our house would fit in the indoor pool area of their house so when Nature Girl said "Wait, that's not fair." I thought she saw the obvious differences in our houses. Then she continued on with " It wouldn't be fair because they'd get all of my toys." I guess that shows what has the most value for her.

On the way home we stopped at my favorite hot dog place. I wanted one last hot dog special-all rings, before they close for the season. It was delicious! I thought it would be our last hog dog of the summer but then . . .
We were invited to a hot dog party last weekend. Well, I've never been to a hot dog party but it sounded fun to me! There were tons of hot dogs and topping choices to choose from. Being the teacher I am I brought along a story and coloring pages for the kids who might show up at the party. We had a good time! After the party Nature Girl had a sleep over with her cousins E & M, so we had a date night then a field trip the next day.

Can you tell where our field trip was? Opening day at Gillette Stadium - Patriot's vs. Bengals.

It was a great game and we had a lot of fun! The Pat's won and are off to a good start this season. We've never been to a game before. Half the fun was the people around us cheering and joking around. The season's ticket holders next to us we're hilarious! They've been going to games for the past 17 years.
Two rows ahead of us was the infamous Schuster. He was the Patriot's fan of the year in 1999 and is well known. I was surprised that he didn't show up until half way through the 3rd quarter of the opening game. That doesn't seem like a big fan to me. He had his face all painted and was decked out in his Pat's gear. Of course I tend to think it might have been the gear he was wearing when he won fan of the year in 1999.

So with all of these fun activities over the past few weekends you're probably wondering what this weekend holds. The answer is cleaning the house. I know that sounds boring to me too! At least I can wear an apron.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loads of good reasons to out off blogging! What a lovely weekend you had x

Barb said...

Sounds like you've been having some wonderful adventures. I hope both of your school years are good ones!