Saturday, May 7, 2011

April YOE - Bird's Nests

April's YOE theme was bird's nests. When I read the theme announcement, I knew right away what I wanted to make. This month I signed up to swap and was partnered with the fabulous Melinda C. Melinda is super talented and creative!

This is the marvelous package Melinda sent to me. The bird's nest is on a clothes pin so it can clip to the tree. She also sent these amazing tags she made and this bird pendant. Not only did she create these amazing goodies but she did it all while moving into a new house this month and having to search through packed boxes for craft supplies! Thank you Melinda for the extra effort!! I love my goodies!!!

Here are the bird's nest goodies I sent to Melinda. As you can see I couldn't resist making another felted wool bird but I made a nest for it this time. I love this little guy. Remember my birds in a tree doodle? I used it to create some greeting cards for Melinda and found these cute bird salt and pepper shakers. As I mentioned before, Melinda just moved so I thought they'd be a good housewarming gift. I made a wire birds nest that could be a pendent or a key chain but my absolute favorite is the green tree ornament I made.

I few months ago I was looking around ETSY and found a valentine tree pendent. I fell in love with it. When I heard the theme I knew that I was going to try making one. So I gathered up some brass wire and a brass ring I had, then set to work. I just love how it turned out. I made it specifically for Melinda but loved it so much that I was a little sad to think of sending it off. Over spring break I remedied this problem. I made myself a wire tree ornament.

I wanted an ornament that felt like spring. Cherry blossoms came to mind immediately. Many years ago my husband and I lived on a street lined with cherry trees. I loved driving down the street in the spring looking at all of the beautiful cherry trees in bloom. So my tree ornament is a cherry blossom tree. I love it!
Wondering about YOE? You can check here to see the items everyone else has been making at YOE. Here's a little YOE little preview. May's theme is flower fairies. I've already started thinking and searching for some inspiration. I have an idea to try in a new media. Let's see if I can pull it off.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

O wow Jill, that wire tree ornament took my breath away, clever girl! Again, your swap partner is very lucky x

Kerry said...

Jill I absolutely love your wire tree ornament .... so detailed and pretty:-)
Lucky Melinda .... she's a real sweetie, so totally deserved it.

Barb said...

That absolutely reminds me of Cherry Blossoms ~ it's beautiful. You are so talented.