Friday, May 16, 2008

A New Bag and a Meme

I sewed a new bag last night. It's something I've been wanting to try for a bit. I didn't have a pattern but I winged it and it turned out ok. This was made from a curtain I bought at my favorite thrift store. I have a few other drapes I bought that are calling my name. I want to turn them into this but in a larger size to be reusable grocery bags. I think that's a project for June when I have a little more time. I had already decided that's one of the things I'm making for my family for Christmas this year so I plan to get started this summer. My youngest sister called me last night and requested hers early since like me she feels terrible guilt over using plastic. I promised to work on them in June. I'm going to finally get mine done too! Sorry for the dark photo the lighting wasn't that great at one am.
Here's the inside of the bag with my library book discussion book for this month. I have two and a half weeks to finish it so I better get reading. I included one divided pocket perfect for a cell phone.

Finally I was tagged for a meme.
Cindy tagged me with this one. The rules are thus:

The rules of the game get posted at the beginning. Each player answers the questions about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5-6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.

Okay, here goes:

1. What was I doing 10 years ago?
I was a preschool teacher dating a wonderful man who became my husband. I must of had a lot of free time back then, since that was before having a child. I really don't know what I did with all that free time, I certainly must have wasted it!
2. What are 5 things on my to-do list for today (not in any particular order):
clean my house, laundry, sew, return overdue library books, get to the post office.

3. Snacks I enjoy:
Chips, sweets, Coke (yes, I know they are bad for me, I can't help myself!)

4. Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
My husband and I joke that if I won a lot of money I wouldn't have anything left because I'd give it all away. So if I was a billionaire I'd invest some(I've learned this concecpt from my husband,) Save a big chunk for Nature Girl to go to college, then I'd buy things for our family members, I'd spend time & money traveling with my husband and daughter, I'd donate money to our local library and to other charities(especially charities that help kids.) I would continue to stay home with my family and enjoy my life like I do now! I don't need a lot of money to be happy.

5. Places I have lived:
Vermont, New York State, Washington State and New Hampshire


6. Peeps I want to know more about:
Cheri, Kerri, Susan, Barb, Tracey

Please do not feel that you have to play, it is just for fun.

6 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

What a wonderful bag! I can see why you fell for that curtain -- the light blue and bright red make an awesome color combination.

I'll get to the meme, but it may take a few days. My daughter is home visiting!

Anonymous said...

Hi! The bag is fantastic, well done! Your little girl is lovely! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment on my blog. I hope to 'see' you again sometime soon!

susan said...

i did the meme!!

jillytacy said...

I forgot to give the size of the bag. It's 10" high, 11" wide and 5" front to back. I tried it out yesterday & today. I think I like it. I made a few more things with the same fabric. Amazing what you can make from a curtain!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Great bag! These will make a great Christmas gift idea. I have made quite a few totes but none of this size- thanks for the dimensions. Did you use anything on the bottom to reinforce it?

Barb said...

I actually did the meme too.